It’s been a great year — and, heck, I may just hit the Mega Million Lottery yet, and have it get even better (in which case, none of you… not even the people on the list below, will ever see me again… except maybe my wife and Hops and Chops).
As I reflect on 2008, I can’t believe how many wonderful people who I’ve met, or become even better friends with — really, the list below is in no particular order… and I’m sure I’ll be leaving a bunch of great folks off… but it’s a reminder of how great 2008 was:
- Chris Hurley and the crew at Beacon Law — you rock (although your bills kinda suck)
- John Braseth at our downstairs art gallery — you can chat with the best of them, and have some sweet art as well — thanks for helping take the edge off of rough days
- Dave McClure — your new year’s resolution should be to make scheduling of board meetings easier by about 18 e-mails each, but other than that, u da man
- Jon Bischke at EduFire — you continue to amaze and inspire
- Scott, Matt, Ayush, Greg and team at Madrona; Melinda and Steve at Bezos Expeditions and the rest of our investors/advisors– all I/we can say is thank you, both for your financial support and also for everything else you’ve done to help us improve (Note, if you’re an investor and would like to make this list next year, you can contact me in many ways…)
- My wife — you are amazing. And, Zach the Dog, you inspire me.
- Todd Sawicki – your mastery of all knowledge is awe-inspiring
- Bill Bryant – you do so much to support early-stage entrepreneurs – rock on
- Barack Obama – I admit, that I’ve heard less from you since you asked me for money every day for about 8 months running, but I still think there’s chance for a relationship
- David Stern and Saar Gur – definition of supportive — great meeting & getting to know you
- Terri Fujinaga – world’s greatest accountant and 4-th nicest person in North America
- Jeff Lawson – how did I miss the Rick Rolling phenomenon? Thank you for catching me up — you’re one of the best
- Hanh – thank you for moving to Seattle — now, take the bad weather with you back to Santa Monica, please
- iLike Emily Glassman – rock on, girl
- i also like Shawn Stewart – you power my streaming radio (don’t tell the tech guys that I do this on our network, though)
- David Geller — you continue to be a big supporter of the Seattle tech community
- David Eraker — keep dreaming big, brotha — schappell-show is behind you
- Galen & Estately – you give us all hope!
- Marc Barros at VholdR – I need one of them cameras for my snow shoveling — it’s action packed
- The entire TeachStreet team — really, to call any of you out wouldn’t be fair… you’ve been amazing — have seen me through highs and lows — rock on
Then, in the Festivus tradition, here are people who have disappointed me — best of luck in 2009 for you grinches:
- you didn’t really think I’d have anyone here, did you? seriously… i started the list… but, the caffeine high precluded publishing… we’ll have to look forward to that in ’09 🙂
p.s. If you weren’t in the list above, it’s because:
1) you weren’t in my recent twitter feed
2) you didn’t send me a JibJab Elf Yourself card
3) no money has arrived recently
Seriously — am sure I left many off… just wanted to give a sense of how wonderful a year’s it’s been — so many great people, new/old friends, and support — couldn’t have made it without all of you and your love/support!